// Organized by title alphabetically//

Ratings: ***** 5/5 ;p
                                                    **** 4/5 :)
                                                    *** 3/5  :/
                                                    ** 2/5   >:o 
                                                    * 1/5     ):v  
                                                    0* 0/5    ??

_February_
Image result for jane eyre book coverImage result for the handmaid's tale book coverImage result for memoirs of a geisha tale book cover
  •  Jane Eyre By Charlotte Bronte 400 pgs. *** 3/5  :/
  • Memoirs of a Geisha By Arthur Golden 448 pgs.  *** 3/5   :/
  • The Wonder By Emma Donoghue 291 pgs.  **** 4/5 🙂
  • The Handmaid’s Tale By Margaret Atwood 311 pgs.    ***** 5/5   ;p 

Reading rate:1450 pages/28=52 pages per day

This month I read two challenging books and two candy books. I didn’t read as many variety of books as I would have liked so my goals for next month are to read 1 collection of short stories in any genre, at least 2 candy books at least 3 just right and to read 3 challenging books.

My favorite 3 books were The handmaid’s tale, The Wonder and Memoirs of a Geisha. The Handmaid’s Tale is about a future world set in the USA were women are shunned and are only useful for reproduction purposes. But there was a time not so long ago were women were as equal as men. They had jobs and bank accounts and lived their lives as they pleased. I really enjoyed this book for the plot and characters. I liked how the author connected it to sort of real facts which I thought was cool and the futuristic utopia setting had me hooked.

Memoirs of a Geisha is follows the story of Chiyo, who is sold into a geisha house and through rigorous training becomes Sayuri, a famous Geisha known for her beauty. I’m not really a fan of historical fiction but this book was really good. I liked how the story was through chiyo’s eyes and her perspective changed as she grew up.

The Wonder is set in the late 1800’s and follows a Nightingale trained nurse named  Lib who gets called to the home of a girl who’s family claim she hasn’t eaten in 3 years. Lib and a nun have to keep watch on the girl for a week to prove this far fetched story. This story was really thrilling and ended with a shock that I didn’t see coming.  This story was based on seemingly “fasting” girls in Ireland in the 18-1900s and I liked how the main character was telling the story about what was going on but also telling her story around the main plot.

_March_
Image result for adventures of sherlock holmes bookImage result for the madman's daughterImage result for into the wildImage result for etiquette and espionage

• The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle  307 pgs *****  ;p
  • Etiquette and Espionage By Gail Carriger  307 pgs **** 🙂
  • Into the Wild by Jon Krakaur  224 pgs**** 🙂
  • The madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepard 420 pgs **** 🙂
  • The Strange Case of the alchemist’s Daughter By  Theodora Gross 432 pgs  *** :/

Reading rate:  1690/ 31 =55 pages per day

My reading rate went up a little bit, which is good.  I read a lot more, mostly candy books and a few challenging. My goals for next month are to read two short story collections and more various genres.

My top three books are  The Adventures of Sherlock Homes, The Madman’s Daughter and Etiquette and Espionage.

Etiquette and Espionage  follows Sophronia, a girl who lives on a sprawling country estate who is an unruly child in need of some proper lessons in manners but discovers a whole new world when she gets accepted into Mademoiselle Geraldine’s Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality that is not what she expected. They learn the dancing, dress, etiquette and fine arts but also weaponry, how to kill with grace and espionage.  I really liked this book for the steampunk aspect and also the espionage and action. I thought that the plot was a little slow and it was pretty easy to see what was going to happen next. But overall, It was a good candy book and I can’t wait to finish the series.

The madman’s daughter puts a twist on the classic novel The island of Doctor Moreau and follows Juliet Moreau as she just barely gets by cleaning a medical university following the scandal of her father which results their family being shunned out of their rich lives.  She learns that her father is alive and on a hidden island continuing his deadly experiences so she come to the island to find out if he really was the monster everyone thought him to be.  I thought that this was a well done book in emulating a classic novel while adding in things that were not there before. I liked the science fiction part of it and also the mystery too. Juliet is a very well rounded character but later in the book she kind of loses the independent and take- charge personality that she started with and it was a little disappointing.  

_April_
Image result for the robber brideImage result for curtsies and conspiraciesImage result for pride and prejudice

• The Robber Bride By Margaret Atwood  528 pgs  ****  🙂
  • Curtsies and Conspiracies, By Gail Carriger  320 pgs *** :/
  • Pride and Prejudice,By Jane Austen  272 pgs  **** 🙂

Reading  Rate:  1120/30= 37 pages per day

My reading rate went down this month as I had almost zero time to read.  So I only had a chance to read 3 pitiful books.  This month I read a variety of challenging and candy and my goals for next month are to read a few short story collections. 

_May_

Image result for tangerine bookImage result for deja deadImage result for finishing school series

• Tangerine by Christine Mangan    **** 🙂
  •  Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs          ****  🙂
  •  Waistcoats and Weaponry by Gail Carriger   *** :/

_July_ + _June_

Image result for the word is murderImage result for la la land